Teenies & kids
We have put together a weekly program so that families can have an unforgettable holiday. Whether you are looking for fun and games at the lake or a night-time torchlight walk. We have something for everybody. You can choose between two programs:
- Family Nest: non-stop fun for kids 5 years and up
- Teeny Action: for teens from 10 to 15 years - a supercool way to experience Gerlos
Program duration Family Nest:
Monday to Friday from 10 am until 3 pm. It is also possible to pick the kids up before 4 pm at the “ArenaFUNten-Club”. The Family Nest Program is specially designed for kids (without parents) between 5 and 12 years of age and is available free of charge for all guests of the Hotel Garni Alpenland and Haus Regina in Gerlos! Parents are, of course, very welcome to attend on Sundays, for the torchlight walk (Tuesdays) and for the big play festival (own announcement)!
Make sure you have enough sunscreen (already applied) and sun protection (hat, sunglasses etc.)!
In bad weather an alternative program will take place in the guest kindergarten “ArenaFUNten-Club”.
Active Mountain - Berg Aktiv
Active Mountain is a colourful fitness and vitality program for young and old. Whether there is a sunshine or rain, this program is available free of charge from June 23rd - September 20th, 2019 to all guests of our guests of the Hotel Garni Alpenland and Haus Regina! The Active Mountain professionals offer an extensive mountain and hiking program, from easy climbing hikes (also Nordic walking) to challenging "strenuous legwork tours". High ropes courses, mountain bike tours, canyoning, rafting and thematic hikes round off the Active Mountain program.
To take part in the program you will always need sturdy shoes and a good level of fitness for the high mountain tours. The bikes for cycle tours and also the hiking boots, rain clothing, backpacks and telescopic poles can be rented on location at the sports shops in Gerlos.
Pure action – the ultimate kick for daredevils!
- High ropes course – with 25 challenging elements
- Canyoning – a hike through the Ronach gorge, suitable for beginners
- Rafting – on the Wildgerlosbach river
Interactive MAP - Hiking Trails - Mountainbike Trails - and many more...
- ACTIVE well-being means active relaxation and natural Alpine well-being
- ACTIVE well-being promotes health through gentle walking and simple feel-good exercises
- ACTIVE well-being mobilises inner strength and harmony through tranquillity and contemplation
- ACTIVE well-being offers valuable advice to take home on health and well-being
- ACTIVE well-being is in harmony with nature and with the traditional customs and culture of Gerlos
Experience active recuperation, peace and reflection in the beautiful mountainous setting of the Zillertal Arena.
Develop your health and wellbeing with gentle hikes and easy health and relaxation exercises.
All activities are lead by professional ACTIVEwellness trainers and are suitable for everyone. The ACTIVEwellness program is available free of charge for all of our guests.
BAD WEATHER PROGRAMM - GERLOS:
In bad weather you can alternatively take part in a great indoor program with fun games and wellness and relaxation exercises.
The largest ski area in the Zillertal
The ski resort Zillertal Arena is open from 05 December 2020 until 18 April 2020
When Jack Frost transforms Gerlos into a white, sparkling wonderland, a magical atmosphere takes hold and the village pulses with vibrancy and life. At an elevation of 1,250 metres, a winter’s day in Gerlos is a winter’s day you’ll never forget.“Snow reliability” is not just a promise here in Gerlos, but a guarantee. Your gateway to the huge Zillertal Arena ski area is situated right here in the village. 143 kilometres of slopes and 51 state-of-the-art cable cars and lifts between 1,300 metres and 2,500 metres offer pure, unadulterated skiing pleasure from the beginning of December right through to Easter. Countless cosy mountain huts and snow bars offer warming drinks and meals. The re-modelled downhill run to the village with guaranteed snow cover, finishes right opposite our hotel. And, not to forget the legendary Gerlos après-ski - an absolute must after a fantastic day’s skiing or snowboarding!
But it’s not only alpine skiers who get their money’s worth here in Gerlos! Even away from the slopes, you can experience the ultimate fun in the snow – whether you prefer cross-country skiing, tobogganing, horse riding, paragliding or walking and hiking, the village of Gerlos, in the heart of the Zillertal Arena, is a paradise for winter sports enthusiasts!
Gerlos and the Zillertal Arena at a glance:
- Hotel Alpenland is located next to the Dorfbahn lift
- Down-hill run with guaranteed snow cover all the way to the hotel
- New downhill run to Zell am Ziller - 8,4 km of slopes nonstop combining finest advanced ski experience and 1.920 m of altitude
- Kindergarten for “little holiday guests”
- 143 kilometres of slopes - 11 km black diamonds, 89 km red and 43 km blue
- Snow-reliable ski area at an altitude of 1,250 - 2,500 metres
- Paragliding – tandem flights
- 30 km of groomed winter hiking and walking trails to cosy mountain huts
- 21 km of prepared cross-country trails
- Floodlit toboggan run
- Winter western riding
- Ski and snowboard schools
- Tennis and squash courts
- Free-of-charge bus for skiers – stops right next to the hotel
Interactive Ski MAP Zillertal Arena
Ski- und Snowboard Rentals: